How does the mine help?
- provides jobs for more than 700 employees and contractors. There are no FIFO workers.
- employs more than 50 farmers at New Acland – helping them to stay on the land.
- injects more than $100 million into the regional economy each year.
- pays Toowoomba City Council $11 million a year in council rates and for recycled waste water.
- contributes $600,000 a year to the local community to support health education, community cohesion, and environmental initiatives.
- generates more than $300 million in the south-east Queensland economy each year
- provides 60% of QR’s average revenue from coal services on the West Moreton Rail System. This is forecast to be $54 million per annum for the next four years (totaling $216m). This underpins the viability of the West Moreton Rail System – which is used by local agriculture and other industries.
- pays $69 million a year to export through the port.